No bucket list would be complete without a tour of the Grand Circle - the quintessential tour of the American Southwest. In just thirteen days, you’ll experience a lifetime of national parks, breathtaking scenery, hidden gems, and local food and hospitality—all connected by roads less traveled: America’s Scenic Byways.
Considered by many to be one of the most beautiful wonders along the Grand Circle, Lake Powell is the perfect mid-tour stop—and a place you just might find yourself not wanting to leave. But with the Canyonlands, Mesa Verde, and Great Sand Dunes National Parks luring you back to the open road, there will be plenty of adventure ahead.
And while you’re planning your visit, be sure to check out our Specials & Packages - we're bound to have a deal that suits your interest.
Spend the day exploring Phoenix.
- Discover interesting things about animals found at the Phoenix Zoo
- Experience the Musical Instrument Museum
- Visit the Desert Botanical Garden
- Explore Camelback Mountain Adventures
- Grab a game of Golf
- Learn about Native art at the Heard Museum
- Stare into space at the Arizona Science Center
- Drive through Agua Fria National Monument on your way to Sedona
Travel to Sedona, AZ: 116 Miles / 2 hours
Overnight at Sedona
Explore Sedona and all it has to offer.
- Drive scenic Oak Creek Canyon (north of Sedona)
- Drive iconic Red Rock State Park Scenic Byway (west of Sedona)
- Experience an Off-Road ATV Tour
- Hike to Bell Rock
- Stay in Sedona – Many amazing resorts to experience.
- Williams, AZ (60 miles / 1 hour) - Recommend taking Grand Canyon Train from Williams to South Rim of Grand Canyon National Park.
- Tusayan, AZ (107 miles / 2 hours) – Close to Grand Canyon Park south entrance.
- Grand Canyon Village, AZ (114 miles / 2 hours) – Just outside of Grand Canyon Park entrance.
Entrance to Grand Canyon National Park is minutes north from Tusayan and Grand Canyon Village.
- Visit Canyon View Information Center for shuttle information
- Walk to Mather Point
- Drive the Rim
- Hike Rim Trail
Optional: Visit Vermilion Cliffs National Monument on the way to Page but plan for five extra hours of driving.
Travel to Lake Powell, Page, AZ: 73 Miles / 2 hours 50 Minutes
Overnight at Lake Powell Resort at Wahweap Marina, AZ (Near Page, AZ)
Explore the area around Glen Canyon Recreational Area, Page, AZ.
- Experience Antelope Canyon Jeep Tour
- Enjoy half–day Colorado River Float Trip (Colorado River Discovery in Page, AZ)
- Visit Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument (15 miles /18 minutes)
- Fly/Drive to Monument Valley (122 miles / 2 hours)
Overnight at Lake Powell Resort at Wahweap Marina, AZ
Travel to Zion National Park: 104 Miles / 1 Hour 47 Minutes
- Hike Angels Landing and the Narrows
- Drive Zion Canyon Scenic Drive, Zion Park Scenic Byway, or Kolob Fingers Road Scenic Byway
- Enjoy bird and other wildlife watching
- Explore Rock Climbing and Canyoneering with a park guide
Travel to Bryce Canyon National Park: 72 Miles / 1.5 Hours
- Hike Rim Trail from Bryce Point
- Hike Navajo/Queens Garden Loop
- Experience a wrangler-guided horseback or muleback ride through the canyon
- Drive to Sunrise, Sunset, Inspiration, and Bryce viewpoints
Overnight at Bryce Canyon, UT
Travel to Great Sands Dune National Park & Preserve, CO: 208 Miles / 3 Hours 54 Minutes
- Hiking and Backpacking
- Sandboarding and Sandsledding
- Medano Creek
- 4WD Medano Pass Road
- Horseback Riding
Overnight at Great Sands Dune Area, CO
Travel to Rocky Mountain National Park, CO: 256 Miles / 4.5 Hours
- Hike, explore, and experience the Rocky Mountain National Park
Overnight at Rocky Mountain National Park, CO